Hello there! I’m Matt Geri, a full time WordPress developer and Core contributor.
During the day I work for XWP as a WordPress Architect working on large scale enterprise projects, and in my spare time I contribute back to the WordPress Core, plus I write articles for my weekly newsletter which I publish on this website.
I’ve been working with WordPress since 2005 and have loved it ever since. I’ve pretty much done it all when it comes to WordPress from building themes, plugins, full applications and even running my own dedicated WordPress consultancy.
There are two things I love the most about WordPress. The first is that it is open source and anyone can read or modify the source code really easily. The second is the community. A big reason why the WordPress project is as successful as it is right now is due to all the hard work that is put into it, day in and day out, by the community.
Since I also have a life outside of WordPress, when I’m not working on it, I love to spend time with my family (wife Megg, daughter Lilah and son Hayden). I also enjoy a round of golf and spending time outdoors – especially if I have my mountain bike with me.
- WP Most Popular – plugin repo / source code – A WordPress plugin to display your most popular posts.
- WPGeeks – A project I’m thinking about putting more time in to soon.
- PHP Watermarker – A simple script to add watermarks to your images.
- MobilePress – Create a mobile version of your WordPress blog. Plugin is no longer supported or managed by me.
- Thenga – Online shopping coming soon.
- WordCamp Europe 2016 – The ultimate WordPress development environment
- WordCamp Cape Town 2011 – WordPress as a mobile publishing platform
Contact Matt Geri
You can reach me on matt at this domain dot com 🙂